The trademark cancellation is an adjudication made by CTMO. For the canceled trademark, it doesn’t own the trademark rights any more.
Cancellation due to opposition
For the trademark that opposed in the publication, if the CTMO judges the opposition is established and the opposee doesn’t apply for the opposition review, the opposed mark will be canceled according to the trademark law.
Cancellation due to Non use for 3 consecutive years.
For the registered trademark, any other parties can apply for trademark cancellation to CTMO within 5 years since the mark is registered,if they think the trademark is not in actual use. And if the trademark owner can not provide proofs for commercial use of the mark, then it will be canceled according to the trademark law.
Cancellation due to Non Renewal
The period of validity of a registered trademark is ten years, since the date of approval of the registration. For the owner who want to continue use the registered trademark beyond the expiration of the period of validity, an application of renewal shall be filed, or the registered trademark will be canceled.
- Examining for the search report.
- Examining for delay handing of application.
- The latest status report for your trademark.
- Document examining of your trademark case.
- The status & security report for your trademark (Quarterly report).
- Reminder for keeping proofs of commercial use.